Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was that holiday typically surrounded by family, good wishes, laughter, turkey and 'What are you thankful for this year?' asked around the dinner table. It was a quiet one for Darren and I... we ended up staying home just the two of us ... Darren got called out at 3:30 am to plow and was gone for 7+ hours... and I was not traveling on the snow covered and icy roads by myself... (We were suppose to go to Washubrn to my brother's house with the rest of my family)... I missed the hugs and the sound of the children playing... I missed my families faces and their laughter... BUT... they all called me, checked in with me.. made me feel connected, even though I wasn't physically with them... we are always together in my heart... so.... I spent some time in the very early morning hours talking to God...and thanking Him and praising Him for all I have...and all He's done in my life... in my marriage...in the lives of those I love...in our church... and for what is yet to come. This past year has been so amazing and I'm so in awe of my Lord and how I can look back and see His plan and how it unfolded... Trust is the key word... coming to a place in my life where I trust Him completely! That is what this past year has been... a journey toward trust. A journey toward knowing no matter what...He's in control...and I am looking forward to another year of watching His perfect plan for me unfold.

Psalm 28: 6-8 Praise the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. The Lord gives his people strenght. He is a safe fortress for his anointed King.

No comments: