Friday, November 9, 2007

The past

Today I'll be attending the funeral of a long time family friend... actually the mom of a couple of childhood friends.. I know it will be like 'old home week'... and in turn I'll be seeing my ex-husband today...as our familes share this long time friend... bitter sweet ...sadness and grief are all a part of my heart today.. and praise covers them all... Praise that I've given my heart to the Lord, that I can rest in His arms for comfort, counsel and support today... bitter sweet is the ex-husband part... we were always more like best-friends ..and it's always sad to loose a close connection with someone .. I am grateful and thankful that neither of us have now...or ever had any hard feelings or anger toward each other...and still remember each other fondly and care about one another...divorce can be messy and bitter...and I'm so thankful that is not a part of my reality.... grateful that the Lord took me down the path I was on with Michael (the ex) ...to bring me to where I am today... grateful for my new love...Darren... and the life we have together, centered in Christ! ... and the grief is for all the 'old' friends I'll see today that are heartbroken over the loss they are suffering...and grief that most of them don't know the Lord like I do... I pray the Lord opens doors today ...that I might be a witness today and a light into the truth to those that don't know Him... 2 Samuel 22: 29-31 O Lord, you are my lamp. The Lord lights up my darkness. In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. "God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection."

No comments: