Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Beginnings

Ephesians 5:21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence to Christ.

I think Darren and I have come to a turning point in our marriage... it's been a very rocky road and but by the grace of God we are still holding on... God has just blessed us with restoration and healing like I've never witnessed before in my life...... Today we spent about 2 hours in conversation about heart stuff... not the typical 'how's the weather going to be today' stuff we usually talk about... I would say in our relationship, that is the one thing we haven't built.. or that is still very much a work in progress... deep conversation... I have a wonderful circle of 'sisters' that I go to in time of distress, hurt, anger, frustration...etc.,and if not them, I go to my King, but I never seem to run to Darren... that is not my desire...and not God's design for a healthy and thriving marriage... Today I had to humble myself and submit to my husbands authority about a 'blessing' I was asking of him.... long and short of it... I believe God was glorified in this situation because not only did Darren and I have a 'heart to heart' about many things... and talked things through without yelling.... but I think Darren finally (maybe even for the first time) saw past his own attitude and judgements and into my heart. It took a few minutes to accopmlish this...we had to walk away for a bit... (Pastor Doug's famous advice)...I believe he is at a place of willingness to see another view besides his very own... Praise God for the work he's doing in my husbands life and heart.. I am always proud of Darren and proud to be his wife...but today, I'm rejoicing too!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Learning to communicate is a challenge. I am proud of you both for not taking the easy way out and staying where you are, but instead pressing forward to a better place in your relationship.

May you continue to grow together and see the Lord's blessings as you pursue a Holy marriage. Love ya both...