Sunday, December 2, 2007

Saying 'Good-bye'

Romans 8:6 The mind of a sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the spirit is life & peace.

Contorlled by the spirit.....That is the kind of mind and life my friend Dan had. Through his passing we will grieve...but his life and death will speak on...live on... and the Lord in his wonderful wisdom will use every detail of both for good. Dan's passing will not be in vain...but it will speak to a multitude of believers and non-believers and draw both to a deeper understanding of the truth and closer to Jesus. How very difficult to say 'good-bye'...but for those that know the Lord...like Dan did... will be reunited again with Dan... so it's not really good-bye, it's 'until we meet again'. I am truley blessed to have known Dan for the short time I did... He was strong in his faith, humble in spirit and a more attentive, loving, dedicated, hand's-on, caring husband and father you'll never find. As a friend...he made you feel special, loved and important to him. Bigger than all these amazing and wonderful things about Dan was his love and committment to the Lord.. What a role modle for other believers... and a witness (even in his passing) to non-believers.

We will be heartbroken for a long time to come... we grieve for our loss, but even more for his wife and two small boy's... I pray the Lord gives us strenght and wisdom in the following days, to know how to rally around Liz and her boy's...to give her what she needs, when she needs it. Lord, help us be your hands and feet for Liz, Isaac and Tyler.

Today... as I reflect on this passing week... the amazing journey it's been..sorrow, grief, thanksgiving, rejoice, comfort, and love.....I thank God for my friend Dan... I thank God for his life and his testimony... I thank God for my beautiful friend Liz and her wonderful children. I thank God for revealing his greatness, strength and love to us in this time of saddness..... And I thank God for my own life and look deeper into my relationship with Jesus and seek to know him more. Thank you Dan!

No comments: