Friday, December 28, 2007

The Father's 'tough' Love

Today I'm grateful that we serve a Father that loves us so much that he will reveal our transgressions to us and give us the strength to overcome those and get back on that solid ground he promises...I am grateful for the 'counselors' he's put in my life to help guide me, pray for me and point me to the truth (even if it hurts!). I'm also grateful for my husband, for his unique heart and personality. I believe the weary and heavy feeling I've been carrying around is no less than my lack of participation in the Word... and I can tell you first hand that will effect all the area's of your life. The enemy loves when we are distanced from God, our spouces, our friends and our family... but I am claiming my position in Christ today and will not give the enemy one ounce of victory over me today!

1 Peter 3:1-6 In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives. Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourself instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gently and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands. For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, and called him her master. You are her daughters when you do what is right without fear of what your husbands might do.

OUCH!!! This has NOT been my heart attitude toward my husband lately and Praise God for revealing this to me !!!! Humility is difficult and pride is hard to swallow... but, by the grace and mercy of a loving Father... he took my hand and led me.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OUCH..is right. This sure does hit you where it counts...right in the heart and mind. I too have not been doing the right things with my attitude towards my husband.

Thanks Shelly, for waking us all up....love you...