Saturday, December 22, 2007

Broken Homes

I have been thinking lately about my very unique and unusual family... those of you that know me... know exactly what I'm talking about...I come from what society would call a 'broken home'... this is not a negative in my life.. I have to say, if my mother would not have married three times in her life... I would not have half of the blessings I do have... I would not have the family.. the circle of friends... or even live in Aroostook County... I am sure I would have had other blessings in my life if my mother and father had stayed married... but I would not have changed a thing about my upbringing and my family... the past hurt/anger and pain has all brought my family to where we are today... and that is a big, wonderful and unique circle of family memebers that are just as different as they are unique..... I love them all dearly and cherish every memory I have with all of the pieces of my "broken family puzzle"

2 comments:

kelly said...

Shelly, I just wanted to tell you that I for one am very happy to have gotten to know and be part of your family. You all mean so much to my family and ME..I am so thankful that your "Broken Home" kept you in the County and we got to meet that very first day at AMES 17 yrs ago...I love you Shel...

Christa said...

I love your family:)