Sunday, February 10, 2008

Uncle Mac's!!!

As a tradition explodes to encircle more and more friends...I feel so blessed by the brothers and sisters that the Lord has placed in my life... Every Sat. night after church,... a few of us...(around 6 adults and a couple of kids...) would hit McDonalds for a burger and let the little ones play for a bit... this tradition has now expanded to more than a dozen adults... and more kids than you can count...we just totally invade that Play Place at Uncle Mac's...and it's awesome!!!! Last night we had so many in our troop, that we all couldn't fit in the play place and some of the adults had to sit...seperately, on the 'big kid' side of McDonalds...... some might look at this as a negative.. I look at this with warmth in my heart and an over-joyed spirit... We are so blessed by a loving and caring group that wants to continue in fellowship with one another after 'church' is over....that we just take it to our local " hot spot "... the adults get caught up on the goings on in their lives... there is ministry, guidance, love, care, supportand much laughter...(sometimes tears...from the kids!!!) and a presence of the Lord in our midst.... God's glory, mercy and grace is ever present... and this is one of the highlights in my week... so to those of you that are in this circle...I just want you to know that I love you all and I look forward to those crowded, noisey, nutty cheeseburger nights!!!! To those friends that have not expierenced this crazy and fun filled outting...... it's an open invitation...anytime... every Sat. night!!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for inviting us into this circle! We have enjoyed our times there as well!...even in the adult section! :)

Kelly said...

It sure has grown!!!! We enjoy that time too with everyone...that is a huge highlight of my week...and it is so nice to see it growing..(we just might have to rent the whole Uncle Mac's for fellowship every Sat. night...) I wonder what they think when 8pm rolls around on Sat.night..."here we go again" or "oh great more double hot fudge sundaes"....whatever it may be...I love it...and I too love you Shelly...(and of course the whole gang...)and I truly believe that the guys look forward to it just as much as us ladies do....See everyone at Unlce Mac's on Sat.

Melissa said...

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I'm glad to hear that our invasion of your tradition is welcomed. I look forward to it too...definitely one of the high points of each week (and I do mean the company, not just the french fries and DC)!!! Kelly is totally right...the guys really look forward to it...they don't get to see each other throughout the rest of the week like we do...it's their main time together sometimes...for my guy anyway.

Heather said...

Thanks for letting join in the fun last week. It was fun.