Sunday, February 17, 2008

PIWC Women's Breakfast

Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to share at a women's breakfast at my church. I am not a public speaker...and wasn't even sure if I could actually do it...but I did...The Lord in all his wisdom gave me the words to speak...the scriptures to reference... and the strength to get up in front of a fairly large crowd and talk about His love and how He shows me that love in my life every day. It was scary...I had to fight back tears a few times...(I'm pretty emotional and sappy)... but God covered me and gave me exactly what I needed...when I needed it.... I love the Lord... He is my rock, my safe place, my strength, my saviour, my mercy, my wisdom, my grace, my forgiveness and my Abba!!! I am awestruck and humbled by the outpouring of love and support I have recieved from many brothers and sisters since yesterday's ...(for lack of a better word) speach. It's hard to be obedient sometimes whent he Lord is calling or asking you to do something that is very uncomfortable... and boy, painful !!!! But the blessings are worth the effort!!!! God is good! Thank you Lord for calling me to step out of my comfort zone and give you the glory you deserve.....

3 comments:

Heather said...

You were a blessing, Thanks for sharing what the Lord laid on your heart.

Love ya!

Melissa said...

You were definitely covered...we were praying for you while you were speaking and we were trying to fight back our own tears...I wish Kelly & Tania could have been there...I'm so glad your Mommy was!!!

Kelly said...

Shelly, I knew you were going to do an awesome job...I just wish I could have been there. I still say you should have video taped for me...ha..love you...