Monday, January 14, 2008

Mary Heart/Martha World

I am reading a book by Joanna Weaver called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World"... I am just a few short pages into this book... I already feel a sence of relief just from knowing I'm not alone in my all too frequent 'Marta"-likeness... I let life and the business of my day's get me down...and take my focus off doing things out of a right heart attitude...sometimes I'm a bit of a control freak...(yes, I admit it!!) and that can create a wrong heart attitude that I don't find attractive in myself... (and I'm sure the Lord isn't too pleased either!!!) I let my attention get shifted off the Lord and His will for me... off time with the Lord...quiet time in the Word...and onto my 'to do' lists...that mutiply quickly....... Distracted...Disobedient...Discouraged... That is what she calls the Three D's... I find myself in that attitude sometimes and it's easy to be in that place...I pray through reading this book, I can overcome that Martha like heart attitude and focus on being a Mary...focused on the Lord and his Word... Focus on not allowing the enemy to use the Three D's to create a hole that I sink into... A self-pity party is so easy to slip into...and I am victim to that all too often... I am praying this book will shed some light into overcoming this Marth-likeness.. and help me strive to be a Mary...or more like Mary...

anyone ever feel this way???

1 comment:

Mistie said...

So many times I find myself praying and asking for forgiveness because of my selfish ways...this is an issue that I've tried to take care of "on my own". Well need I even tell you that I failed!!?? I know that I'm not perfect and never will be, but I do know as long as I have the Good Lord on my side that His Word holds more comfort and answers for me if I only take the time to look. Shelly don't ever feel that you are a lone....we (your sisters) are all facing the same battles.....WE are all here to comfort and help one another....I pray that you continue to grow as you read this book...and thanks again for sharing.....I love to read what you have written....