Monday, January 7, 2008

Family Photo's & Year Books!!!

Last night Darren and I were over to his parents house with about 13 of his family memebers...(He's got a LARGE family)... Out came the year books and old Family Photo Albums... I remember back when we were dating or first married and those would come out..I would think, "UGH, not again!!"... But this time it was different... I was focused on listening to Darren tell the old stories...(that I have heard before!)... and focused on listening to Darren's Mom point out who everyone was in almost every photo... Showing me her year book & awards... terribly old black and white photo's of people that not even Darren knew... There was joy on Darren's mothers face that I noticed...and joy on Darren's face as he looked through those old memories and shared his version of each 'story'... I thank God for helping me look past my own selfish ways to recognize the joy and sweetness of that moment...and how special it was that, once again, they wanted to share those memories with me. I thank God for the loving family I've been blessed to be a part of... And I thank God for my husbands heart...so child-like and sweet...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is precious! I find that moments like those have much more significance these days...

Heather said...

It's so encouraging to hear about all the Lord is teaching you. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

I've had a lot of similar experiences lately too...I guess you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.